Plein Eire

Your Site For Artists Who Paint Outdoors

What are the dates for the 2011 Art in the Open festival?  I seem to remember that some things went on before, or after it.  What would be a good time to arrive?  Thank you!

Views: 70

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The link below has all you wanted to know but were afraid to ask.

Here you go, Elaine: - http://pleineire.ning.com/events/art-in-the-open-2011-festival

- Tell your friends!

and there'll be more detail on the programme of events for this year's Art in the Open on the festival website when we have it all nailed down. (www.artintheopen.org)
Thank you, Tony.  Although it is early, I am watching the prices on tickets.  I saw one for $429.  I think it must have been a mistake!  If not, I may get it!

Sounds like a bargain. Go girl!

The 2011 registration is not quite ready but you have a place reserved. Trying to get US dollar payment sorted online and will contact you when it is working.

Elaine Hurst said:

Thank you, Tony.  Although it is early, I am watching the prices on tickets.  I saw one for $429.  I think it must have been a mistake!  If not, I may get it!
Tony--didn't know if you were accepting yet, but after our email exchange, I thought I'd jump in and say I'm coming officially---but I will wait for the application

For anyone thinking about it, here's what Galway-based artist john Dinan has to say about Art in the Open in his 2011 course brochure....

"Wexford's  Plein Air Painting Festival:
This is a great festival of painting over the August Bank holiday weekend
for absolutely every level of ability. There’s great craic, plenty of events,
demonstrations and an exhibition of all the outdoor paintings done over
the weekend.
A brilliant experience and I’ ll be back again painting there this year.
Join me on the streets and quays of Wexford for a great experience.
Check out http://artintheopen.org for details of a great plein air painting
weekend with over 100 painters like you from Ireland and abroad."

See John's website for more details of his courses.

Can't wait for this years Event..it's shaping up to be a good one!! Make your paintbrushes "fit",  get your easels a "tonic", and give your creative elbows plenty of room for a total immersion in all things painterly!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Website Sponsor: PleinAirGear.Com

PleinAirGear/Leder Easel

Viewcatcher

Notes

Making the most of your profile page

Created by Plein Eire Administrator Jan 24, 2011 at 10:36am. Last updated by Plein Eire Administrator Jan 28, 2015.

Notes

Created by Plein Eire Administrator Jan 12, 2010 at 2:18am. Last updated by Plein Eire Administrator Jun 1, 2012.

Posting Artwork on Plein Eire

Created by Plein Eire Administrator Jul 15, 2010 at 1:33am. Last updated by Plein Eire Administrator Jan 10, 2012.

© 2024   Created by Plein Eire Administrator.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service