HI Gerry I'm helping Vicki Norman organise her plein air workshop. Any interest in taking part? I took one of her workshops at AITO last year. I found it really useful and the painting I made in her class won a bronze prize. Best wishes Frank Hallinan Flood
I've meant to contact you earlier re the Dalkey Paint Out a few weeks back; Tom Scott told me in fact it was organised by you and not another group's Paint Out that you were inviting us to join in with; so I suppose I should apologise for telling someone that it wasn't a Plein Eire Dublin event when in fact it was; it just wasn't clear from the notice.
Thank you for your message . I was in Istanbul for Christmas and the New Year and had a good time with my family. I hope you had a good Christmas and I wish you a successful and productive New Year. All the best
Hi Gerard, At our last outing in Blackrock we proposed Dalkey for the November outing as it suited John O'flynn. Painting from Coliemore up to Sorrento park. You suggested checking out the Ouzo Rest. in Dalkey to meet. Have you had any luck and if not can we suggest somewhere else to meet in the village. We would need to post the venue as it is next Saturday. Best, Tom
Yea, Ger, this is exceptional - rain usually abates after an hour or two allowing for a late start and a damp painting! at least. I'm going to go down to a life drawing class in Clontarf 11-1 : f weather does improve I can abandon it and nip over. Let me know if youre going ahead (by txt 087 2709097 ) I I certainly come to support it.
Shoult we postpone this afternoon's paint out in Blackrock? We should have a protocol that asks people to check the website on the am of a paint out for any last minute change of plans - but we dont! I usually say "hail rain or snow" and I have a large golf umbrella - so I'll be there if we dont postpone. Rain usually blows over after a few hours and its been raining a while - but this looks persistant (and very frustating when you see the weather in the UK today!) Also with the Ouzos tie in it would be a disappointment for the owner (and us) for it to turn out to be a damp squib. I'll think its your call as you are organising this one. If we were to cancel it might be courteous to ask Ouzos to inform anyone who does turn up it they wander in there, or better still, if you were minded, to go to the rendevous point for 15 min at rendevous time and tell anyone who may turn up ; that is also one way of noting how many members or nom-members might have in fact turned up - we can check with the group online also. - Thanks, JOHN O FLYNN, D13
Great for organising Ouzos sponsorship - 3 Oct is a Mon tho - did you mean 3 Sept or 1 Oct ?
Also twood be nice if we could frame our pieces and hang them in the restaurant for a few days - perhaps donate the best one (ie their choice) in return for the sponsorship - I paint in standard sizes and always have a few frames handy to suit - tho the white style box frame, now popular, give more flexibility in what can go into it.