Plein Eire

Your Site For Artists Who Paint Outdoors

The 7th annual Art in the Open painting festival in Wexford, Ireland, is offering 7 nights in a 4* hotel to take part in our week-long plein air event: July 28th until August 4th 2014.

Art in the Open is an open event with 200 artists with many from continental Europe, UK, USA and Ireland. Over 7 days they travel to a variety of locations in the irish countryside painting castles, farms, villages, harbours beaches and market towns. And there are social events and workshops with several outstanding artists and an exhibition with awards at the end of the week.

To win your hotel stay, you must be a member of  www.pleinairartists.com or www.pleineire.com and post 3 images of your plein air work here to this forum thread or the Plein Air Artists site equivalent. Cost of travel, food, registration and any other expenses will be borne by the winner.

Your 3 images must be your own work, painted en plein air with titles, medium and sizes given and each artist may enter only once, whether on PLEIN AIR ARTISTS or PLEIN EIRE website. Judging will be by AITO committee and guest adjudicator Don Maier. Deadline for entries is midnight on St Patrick's Day, 17th March 2014 with winner announced by the end of March.

Good luck to everyone!

www.artintheopen.org

http://www.visitwexford.ie

www.whitesofwexford.ie

A shortlist based on your entries together with those on the Plein Eire website was selected and the winner  drawn from that group.

The winner of the Art in the Open 2014 hotel prize is Jean Davidwho wins 7 nights accommodation at White's Hotel, Wexford, to take part in Ireland's plein air painting festival.

Remember, everyone is welcome to attend and links to various accommodation options can be found on the festival website: www.artintheopen.org 

Congratulations to Jean and thanks to everyone who entered.

Views: 3768

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Here is another try at posting up the first image 

Attachments:
Dee use your computer for easier loading phone would drive u crackers if its anything like mine

Nicki Heenan said:

Artist: Nicki Heenan

Title: Pinkney Field

Oil on linen 30 x 30cm

Close to home the light and field patterns are a content muse. Painted in winter the fields were green all through the season as there was no snow.

Nicki Heenan said:

This is a watercolour painted in Connemara , it rained alot but  resulted in a wonderful texture on the paper, which really adds to the atmosphere

Title: Soft Day Connemara

Watercolour 40 x 60cm

Nicki Heenan said:

We have several White Horses in Wiltshire where I live.  These are figures carved into the chalk.  they are of varying ages - this one is from the early 1800's

Title: White Horse

Oil on linen board 30 x 30cm

Frank Hallinan Flood said:

Not sure what order my three went in but here are details

1 Oscar Wilde's House on Merrion Square, painted with BVPA, Oil on canvas.

2 Rathmines Church from Grand Canal, painted with Dublin PA. Oil on canvas

2 Bronze sculpture, Trinity Library, painted with BVPA. Oil on canvas.

Sean Quinn, entry for AITO hotel stay.

Attachments:

This is Jean David, and these are my first 2 images

This is a view over a small hamlet called Saint-Saviol in the South West of France.

Oil on canvas, 20 x 60 cm's, completed entirely on site in just under 3 hours.

This is my second offering, A spring at La Somptueuse about 50 kilometres from the site in the previous. 

Oil on canvas, 40 x 35 cm's, completed on site in an afternoon.

I am still working on my third effort!

Many thanks

Attachments:

Hello. My name is Jenny Shaw-Browne and I live in St Ives, Cornwall.

These three paintings were all done on site along the Cornish coast.

"Porthleven Harbour" 12" x 12" Oils

"Into the light, Pendeen Coast" 10" x 12" Oils

"Ready to Sail, Newlyn" 8" x 10" Oils

Thank you.

RSS

Website Sponsor: PleinAirGear.Com

PleinAirGear/Leder Easel

Viewcatcher

Notes

Making the most of your profile page

Created by Plein Eire Administrator Jan 24, 2011 at 10:36am. Last updated by Plein Eire Administrator Jan 28, 2015.

Notes

Created by Plein Eire Administrator Jan 12, 2010 at 2:18am. Last updated by Plein Eire Administrator Jun 1, 2012.

Posting Artwork on Plein Eire

Created by Plein Eire Administrator Jul 15, 2010 at 1:33am. Last updated by Plein Eire Administrator Jan 10, 2012.

© 2024   Created by Plein Eire Administrator.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service