Plein Eire

Your Site For Artists Who Paint Outdoors

Hi there from the USA! I am organizing a trip for my Atelier group based outside Washington, DC for a visit to Ireland in the summer of 2019. I would appreciate anything you as Plein Air painters familiar with really good places to paint around Dublin and also Galway (near Oranmore to the south) could recommend. We will of course be seeing the sights and the Museums in Dublin but are open to suggestions from the "natives" and would also love to meet up if time permits. There will be approximately 15 people in our group. I am trying to find out the times for the Plein Air festivals in Dublin and Wexford for the summer of 2019 but so far haven't found any info. Anyone know those dates yet? Any and all tips, ideas, or advice is greatly appreciated!!

Regards,

Meredith Morris

Views: 307

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Meredith. It is expected that Art in the Open festival will be from 28 July to 5th August 2019. ( www.artintheopen.org ). American artists often travel here for it. See Dublin Plein Air and Plein Eire West activities for ideas where you could he's to paint.

Thanks very much for those dates! I combed the website and wasn't able to see anything for 2019. Wasn't aware of Plein Eire West. Thank you!

Oh, I see you mean on plein eire west on this site...I only see one person with 2 members but will try and make contact. 

Meredith Morris said:

Thanks very much for those dates! I combed the website and wasn't able to see anything for 2019. Wasn't aware of Plein Eire West. Thank you!

Yes. Plein Eire Dublin group on this site. Likewise Possibly Boyne Valley Plein Air on this site and similarly Boathouse Painters you'll find here all are based in the areas you are interested in. AITO is based in the south east of the country a direct bus from Dublin airport takes about 2 hours and a half. Its often a starting destination followed by a tour of the West of Ireland perhaps to visit some newly acquired painting pals.

Thank you.

Plein Eire Administrator said:

Yes. Plein Eire Dublin group on this site. Likewise Possibly Boyne Valley Plein Air on this site and similarly Boathouse Painters you'll find here all are based in the areas you are interested in. AITO is based in the south east of the country a direct bus from Dublin airport takes about 2 hours and a half. Its often a starting destination followed by a tour of the West of Ireland perhaps to visit some newly acquired painting pals.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Website Sponsor: PleinAirGear.Com

PleinAirGear/Leder Easel

Viewcatcher

Notes

Making the most of your profile page

Created by Plein Eire Administrator Jan 24, 2011 at 10:36am. Last updated by Plein Eire Administrator Jan 28, 2015.

Notes

Created by Plein Eire Administrator Jan 12, 2010 at 2:18am. Last updated by Plein Eire Administrator Jun 1, 2012.

Posting Artwork on Plein Eire

Created by Plein Eire Administrator Jul 15, 2010 at 1:33am. Last updated by Plein Eire Administrator Jan 10, 2012.

© 2024   Created by Plein Eire Administrator.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service