Time: June 9, 2018 to June 10, 2018
Location: Castlebridge Art Studio
Street: The Old Mill, Castlebridge
Website or Map: https://www.facebook.com/even…
Phone: 053 9122019
Event Type: 2-day, workshop
Organized By: Castlebridge Art Studio
Latest Activity: Apr 30
Award winning artist Dave West giving a 2-day workshop on working up from small scale works to larger 'gallery' pieces without losing freshness.
Learn how award-winning artist, Dave West. turns his plein air studies into successful larger paintings in this 2-day workshop. If you paint en plein air, you may have felt frustration that the spontaneity and freshness of your outdoor studies comes at the expense of considered composition, controlled brushwork and subtle passages of paint. If you paint landscapes from photographs, learn how to reinterpret them and bring them to life..This 2-day workshop will cover aspects of working in a larger scale outside and in the studio, working up smaller paintings into impressive canvases without losing the freshness and spontaneity of the original.
In this workshop, Dave West will show you:
- How to avoid common problems associated with 'scaling up'.
- How to edit your sketches to make for stronger, larger paintings.
- How to identify and develop a 'focal point' in your painting.
- Using a toned or coloured ground.
- How to make the most of your sketches and photo references.
- How to paint efficiently, giving the impression of detail without
labouring to achieve it.
- How to create visual interest and find something new to say
about the scene while enlarging it.
Details of suggested supporting references and materials to bring will be provided.
2-Day course: €150. (Places limited)
For bookings and enquiries:
Spectrum Art & Framing Tel: (053) 9122019 to pay by credit card.
via Paypal to email@example.com
Add a Comment