Plein Eire

Your Site For Artists Who Paint Outdoors

So sad the hear of the passing last night of my dear friend and fellow artist, Louise Treacy. Louise will be fondly remembered by all those with whom she came into contact. Her honesty, sense of humour and irresistible laugh will live in our memories. Full of fun and always with a smile and welcome for all those with whom she shared a cuppa in her camper-van 'Thelma', Louise's paintings were a mirror of her personality, bright, colourful and vibrant. To her sister Phil and all her family I extend my heartfelt sympathy. May she rest in peace.

Photo: Kevin Freeny

Views: 99

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Only just heard I have very fond memories of our pleineir trip to Berlin / Fürstenberg a few years back. A very special lady. Rip Louise. 

Shocked to hear about Louise... ever as colourful as her paintings and full of joie de vivre... Sympathy to Phil and her Family...May her Spirit Soar

I was so schocked to hear this Kevin, Louise was a tonic, she always shared her tips, always had a smile and her get up and go attitude was and will be an inspiration. I remember asking her for advice once and she said "just go for it", thank you Louise. Sympathy to Phil and all her family, may she rest in peace

So many of us had the privilege of knowing Louise and she will be terribly missed. Her paintings reflected her personality..passionate, honest and inspiring! She was a joy to be around and our thoughts and hearts go out to Phil and her family.

So sad to hear about Louise. She was so welcoming to me every year at AITO. Some people light up a room. Louise lit up the whole festival. I will miss her.

I know this reply comes very late, but I just stumbled onto this. I was one of those fortunate enough to get out of the weather in Louise's camper during AITO 2012. She was a positive person and I was so happy to have met her during my all too brief time in Wexford. My condolences to her family and friends. This is sad news indeed.

Matthew Daub, USA

Reply to Discussion

RSS

9-Day Weather Forecast

Weather Forecaster

> CLICK HERE

-----------------

Plein Eire on Fb

Art in the Open Fb

Badge

Loading…

Upload Photos

Got several photos of an event to post to Plein Eire?
Click PIX.IE
When uploaded, add the link to your Plein Eire post - Its easy!

FLICKR or PICASA are alternatives.

Website Sponsor

Notes

Making the most of your profile page

Created by Plein Eire Administrator Jan 24, 2011 at 10:36am. Last updated by Plein Eire Administrator Jan 28, 2015.

Notes

Created by Plein Eire Administrator Jan 12, 2010 at 2:18am. Last updated by Plein Eire Administrator Jun 1, 2012.

Posting Artwork on Plein Eire

Created by Plein Eire Administrator Jul 15, 2010 at 1:33am. Last updated by Plein Eire Administrator Jan 10, 2012.

© 2020   Created by Plein Eire Administrator.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service