Plein Eire

Your Site For Artists Who Paint Outdoors

Help, Tips and Practical Advice. (21)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Give yourself an artistic make-over...

Here are 12 suggestions for the artist at New Year    Clear the Clutter! - Tidy up the mess and make the studio an inviting place t…

Started by Plein Eire Administrator

0 Dec 23, 2011

watercolour magazine

I promised to send the details for this new magazine to a few people I met on paint-outs so here it is - it comes out every two months and…

Started by Norah Blount

1 Sep 10, 2011
Reply by Patrick Brennan

Question for oil painters!!!

Hi all,   Im new to this site, I was told about it and as I really need advice, I decided to check it out. I have been doing oil painting f…

Started by Carol Murray

3 Mar 4, 2011
Reply by Myles Farrell

Studio Insurance

Renewal of my studio insurance in January will be €616.53. There's no way I'm paying that. Have you got studio insurance? What are you payi…

Started by Kevin Freeney

6 Jan 7, 2011
Reply by Kevin Freeney

Featured Artist on Judsons Art Supplies

You all probably already know about this, but in case someone doesn't, the Judson's Art Outfitters has a feature where you can be their "Fe…

Started by Elaine Hurst

3 Sep 30, 2010
Reply by Elaine Hurst

Underpainting

'Laying in', or underpainting is discussed by the often interesting Stapleton Kearns on his blog of the same name HERE. In the archive menu…

Started by Plein Eire Administrator

1 Sep 10, 2010
Reply by Michael McGuire

Acrylic v's Oil

I recently went back to painting in acrylics, after painting solely in oil for about a year..Guess what, I was really disappointed with th…

Started by Karen Scannell

6 Aug 10, 2010
Reply by caitriona giblin

Attaching canvas to boards

I have a question.  I know this may be different in different countries, but if anyone glues canvas, cotton or linen, to some sort of board…

Started by Elaine Hurst

2 Jun 20, 2010
Reply by Tony Robinson

Restricted palette

Ok, if anyone fancies another project following the success of the Scannell Challenge, how about trying a restricted palette? Perhaps do o…

Started by Tony Robinson

33 Jun 11, 2010
Reply by Elaine Hurst

Easels and painting boards questions...

Morning all!  I have two questions, one, what kinds of easels do you all use?  Two, if you use boards to paint on, what kinds do you like?…

Started by Elaine Hurst

8 May 18, 2010
Reply by Tony Robinson

RSS

Website Sponsor: PleinAirGear.Com

PleinAirGear/Leder Easel

Viewcatcher

Notes

Making the most of your profile page

Created by Plein Eire Administrator Jan 24, 2011 at 10:36am. Last updated by Plein Eire Administrator Jan 28, 2015.

Notes

Created by Plein Eire Administrator Jan 12, 2010 at 2:18am. Last updated by Plein Eire Administrator Jun 1, 2012.

Posting Artwork on Plein Eire

Created by Plein Eire Administrator Jul 15, 2010 at 1:33am. Last updated by Plein Eire Administrator Jan 10, 2012.

© 2024   Created by Plein Eire Administrator.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service